Forums » General Forum

The origin story of Peter Dinklage, American actor

• 397 posts
    October 12, 2022 7:12 AM PDT

Today, Peter Hayden Dinklage is best known for playing the character Tyrion Lannister in the popular HBO TV Show, Game of Thrones. However, his success did not come overnight. His story is an example of hard work, discipline and perseverance. 
    Prior to working as an actor, he felt stuck in a job that he did not enjoy working on. When he was 29, he promised himself that he will follow his passion for acting no matter the outcome.Without having the stable income provided by a job, he managed to get a low-paying theater job in the play called "Imperfect Love".One thing led to another, and the same writer of this play also hired him for a film that he wrote, "13 Moons". From that point, his acting career has slowly started to take off.

At 29, when he quit his data processing stable job, he could not know where his path would take him. He faced the unknown and did his best to follow his dream. It was his ability to continue to walk on this path that built the foundation for his success story. 

His origin story inspires me and I believe we can all unlock our true potential if we keep moving on, in spite of the hardships we encounter on our path.

• 82 posts
    October 12, 2022 1:41 PM PDT

I saw his story on a motivational video on Facebook a few years ago. He had no one to support him in his beginning. He only had himself to rely on. It was very hard but he did it anyway.